For German, Italian and Danish translations, click on the flags.
For Materials, click on the Zip file.
Unzip materials into your working folder named Epiphany. Place the Pattern cmv_gold_head in your My Documents/MyPSPFiles/Patterns.
The elements are from http://www.soliel-projects.com/; the lady tube is from Macha http://machaspsp.power-heberg.com/ and the background is from http://www.tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/SorensenDesignsMistandTubes/ The beautiful tubes are used with permission from the tuber when they are identified and the tuber contacted or permission stated. For their work and permission, I give them thanks.
This tutorial was written using PSPX2. To work this tutorial, it is assumed you have a working knowledge of Paint Shop Pro.
1. Create a new image, Width 748px x Height 548px. In Materials palette, set the foreground to #d1bea5, the background to #c09e70. Make a Gradient using Sunburst, Angle 0, Repeat 3, Invert checked. Flood fill new image with Gradient.
2. Layers/New raster layer. Selections All. Open Sorensen-Design tube of woods, copy/paste into selection, Selections/Select None.
3. Using pick tool from Tool Bar, pull corners out so misted edges do not show. Lower opacity of layer to 40%. Set tool bar back to move tool.
4. Open tube of Macha lady. Copy/paste as new layer. Image/Resize by 80%. Duplicate layer and close off copy of raster 3.
5. On raster layer 3, lower opacity to 40% and move a little to left and down. Highlight and open raster layer 3. Merge/Merge Down.
6. Effects/Illumination Effects/Sunburst. Use settings as shown in example. The color used is #e1ba85.
7. Open pre-colored rose-blanche-ruban3-soliel-23-01-07 element. Image/Resize by 80%, having Resize all layers checked.
8. Copy/paste as new layer. Move to right side of image, centering so lace is equal distance from top and bottom borders. Leave a wide border showing on right.
9. Duplicate lace border, Image/Mirror and pull to left side, leaving a small amount of border showing.
10. Go back to the rose-blanche-ruban3-soliel tube. Image/Rotate right.
11. Copy/paste as new layer. Pull down to bottom of image so same amount of border/lace shows as on the left side. Have four of the lace portions showing centered.
12. Using eraser tool from Tool Bar, Size set at 15, carefully erase the lace portion off, leaving one lace clump showing at bottom right corner.
13. Duplicate this erased layer, Image/Mirror/Flip. Pull over a little to have only one lace clump showing on upper left corner. Important: Move below both Raster 4 and copy of raster 4. This places the top and bottom lace under the two side layers.
14. Highlight Raster 4, using eraser tool set at Size 6, carefully clean up overlap lines on corners. Highlight Copy of Raster 4, using eraser tool set to Size 6, carefully erase overlap lines off rest of corners. This gives the borders a clean look without lines.
15. Open recolored tube rose-blanche-corazones2-soliel 23-01-07. Image/Resize by 80%, resize ALL layers checked. Copy/paste into image. Place on right border toward the top.
16. Apply drop shadow using Effects/3-D Effects/Drop Shadow having Vertical set at 3, Horizontal at 7, Opacity at 75, Blur at 10, Color Black.
17. Change background color to #482608. Activate text tool in Tool Bar, set font to SheerElegance, Size 72 and write Epiphany.
18. Hover over the turning feature of the activated vector layer box and turn text perpendicular. In layer palette, right click and Convert to Raster Layer. Using Move Tool, move your word Epiphany into position beneath the hearts.
19. Apply drop shadow on text. Effects/3-D Effects/Drop Shadow, Vertical set at 2, Horizontal at 5, Opacity at 50, blur at 10, Color #482608.
20. Image/Add Borders, 2px #482608. Image/Add Borders, 5px #ffffff. Using Magic Wand in Tool Bar, click on white border to make marching ants.
21. In Materials palette, set the foreground to Pattern, cmv_gold_head. Angle 0, Scale 100. Flood fill the 5px border by clicking within the marching ants. Selections/Select None.
22. Sign your name and you are finished.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial.