For a Danish translation, click on the flag.
For Materials, click on the Zip file.
Unzip the materials into a working folder. Open the materials in PSP, copy and close originals. You will need plugins Alf's Border FX, Funhouse and PhotoSwizzle to do this tutorial. I have used PSPX4 to create this tutorial but you may use an earlier version. It is assumed you have a working knowledge of PSP.
Thanks go to Irene; to Silvie for the Fairy_Dust_on_Winter tube and the horses origin is unknown. If this is your tube, please let me know and I will be happy to give you credit. Please visit the tuber sites listed on my Links page.
Use this snowflake to mark your place along the way.
1. In Materials Palette, set Foreground to #ffffff, Background to #3e5590.
2. In Materials Palette, create a Gradient using Linear, Angle 45, Repeats 3, Invert unchecked.
3. New/New Image 700px by 600px. Flood fill with Gradient.
4. Effects/Funhouse/Streak Mirror. Use settings below.
5. Effects/Edge Effects/Enhance.
6. Effects/PhotoSwizzle/Prism. Use color #7582a5 in settings below.
7. Open DI_Wintera7.pspimage. Copy/Paste as New Layer.
8. Layers/Load/Save Mask/Load Mask From Disk. Choose 20-20 Mask. Apply.
9. Layers/Merge/Merge Group.
10. Move upward to top and to the right a bit. Set Blend Mode to Luminance (Legacy), Opacity to 81.
11. Open snowy_grounds.pspimage. Copy/Paste as New Layer. Move down toward bottom but not all the way.
12. Duplicate. Merge/Merge Down.
13. Effects/Edge Effects/Enhance.
14. Open Fairy_Dust_on_Winter.12.11.09.pspimage.
15. Image/Mirror. (In PSPX4, it now is Flip Horizontal). Using Freehand Selection tool, draw around bush as I have done in example.
16. Selections/Invert. Press Delete key one time. Selections/Select None.
17. Copy/Paste as New Layer. Move to bottom left corner.
18. Open DI_tub1194.pspimage. Copy/Paste as New Layer.
19. Image/Resize/Resize by 75%, Resize all layers unchecked.
20. Image/Add Borders/4 px border, Symmetric checked, color #ffffff.
21. Image/Add Borders/4px border, Symmetric checked, color #3e5590.
22. Image/Add Borders/44px border, Symmetric checked, color #ffffff.
23. Using Magic Wand, select the 44px border. Flood fill with Gradient.
24. Effects/Texture Effects/Fine Leather. Use settings as seen below.
25. Effects/Edge Effects/Enhance.
26. Effects/Filters Unlimited/Alf's Mirror Bevel, use settings as seen below.
27. Selections/Select None.
28. Image/Add Borders/2px border, Symmetric checked, color #3e5590.
29. Open Making Tracks text file. Copy/Paste as New Layer.
30. Move text toward top of image.
31. Add your signature and Convert to Raster Layer if necessary. Merge/Merge Visible. COPY.
32. Save image as Making Tracks.jpg in your working folder.
33. Open Animation Shop. Paste as New Animation in working space. SEE OPTIONAL BELOW BEFORE GOING FURTHER.
34. Edit/Duplicate twice, having three frames in all. (or 17 times, having 18 frames in all). Highlight first frame, Edit/Select All.
34. Open Arasimages Snowfall 3 frames.gif image. (Or the Arasimages Snowfall 18 frames.gif file).
35. Working with the Snowfall .gif, highlight the first frame, Edit/Select All. Edit/Copy.
36. Working on the Making Tracks file, Right click INSIDE the first frame/Paste/Paste into Selected Frame and place the snow inside the frame. Left click into place. Keep snow off edges of frame.
37. I placed the snow in quadrants,(upper left, upper right, lower left, lower bottom) then once again in upper center and lower center. You can do more if you want the snow heavier.
38. Animation/Frame Properties. Set to 13. Try it and if you want it faster or slower, change the number. Lower number is faster, higher number is slower
39. View/Animation. See that the snow is falling gently and all is as you want it to be. If not, use UNDO arrow and redo steps or change them until you are satisfied.
40. Once all is working properly, File/Save As. When the box appears, name your tag and name the place where you are saving it. Save. As boxes change, continue to click Next, Next, Next then Finish.
OPTIONAL: If you do not intend to upload to a file server that limits size, then use the 18 frames of snowfall and duplicate the main image 17 times, having 18 frames total. Follow the directions in all the steps using 18 frames instead of 3 frames. Your snowfall will be more natural and gentle with beautiful results!
You are done! I hope you enjoyed the journey. Hugs! Ara
A big thank you to Evatexas and PamelaD who tested this tutorial for me.