I died for you
For a Danish translation, click on the flags.
For Materials, click on the Zip file.
Unzip the materials into a working folder. Open the materials in PSP, copy and close originals. You will need the plugin Filters Unlimited II to do this tutorial. I have used PSPX4 to create this tutorial but you may use an earlier version. It is assumed you have a working knowledge of PSP.
Thanks go to Anna, to Lamanouche and Gini and DragonBlu for the beautiful tubes used. Please visit the tuber sites listed on my Links page.
Use this Christian symbol to mark your place along the way.
1. In Materials Palette, set Foreground to #ffffff, Background to #3c4732.
2. New/New New Image 758px by 773px. Selections/Select All.
3. Open anna.br_jesus.1054.pspimage. Copy bottom layer/Paste into Selection. Selections/Select None.
4. Effects/Geometric Effects/Pentagon. Use settings as seen below.
5. Using Pick tool, stretch the bottom downward so you have it setting as seen in my image, pull the top up till center top points reach top, pull the sides out so points are just outside of edge. Set tool back to Move tool.
6. Open Gateway-to-a-Fairytale_MistedByGini.pspimage. Copy/Paste as New Layer.
7. Move the door to the upper left corner. Set the Opacity to 66.
8. Open white_tulips.psp image. Copy/Paste as New Layer.
9. Move white tulips to bottom left corner. Set Opacity to 63. Duplicate.
10. Image/Resize/Resize by 80%, Resize all layers unchecked.
11. Image/Mirror. Move the mirrored/resized tulips upward on right side.
12. Open Misted layer of the anna.br Jesus image. Copy/Paste as New Layer.
13. Image/Resize/Resize by 75%/Resize all layers unchecked. Move downward a little and to the right.
14. Open Mist_Bible_DragonBlu0808.pspimage. Copy/Paste as New Layer.
15. Image/Resize/Resize by 35%, Resize all layers unchecked.
16. Move the Bible down to right bottom corner. Using Pick tool, grab the turn nodes and turn Bible so it is on an angle as I have mine.
17. Lower Opacity to 70. Apply a Drop Shadow as in Step #21 below.
18. Open cross4-03.pspimage. Copy/Paste as New Layer.
19. Move the cross over Jesus' hand on right of image. Place as though He were holding it. See example.
20. Scroll your image to 150% or larger. Using Eraser tool, using settings as shown below, carefully erase the bottom part of the cross away from His fingers so it appears He is holding the cross.
21. Effects/3D Effects/Drop Shadow, Vertical -12, Horizontal 12, Opacity 50, Blur 22, color #000000.
22. Image/Add Borders/Add 3px border, Symmetric checked, color #3c4732.
23. Image/Add Borders/Add 13px border, Symmetric checked, color #ffffff.
24. Using Magic Wand, click on 13px border to activate it.
25. Effects/Filters Unlimited/Frames, Wood/Wood frame 1, Variable color. Frame Size 13, Color 128.
26. Selections/Select None.
27. Image/Add Borders/Add 3px border, Symmetric checked, color #3c4732.
28. Open the SE_Natural_Ribbon_1.pspimage. Copy/Paste as New Layer.
29. Using the Pick tool, grab the sides and pull them out to meet sides of image within frame.
30. Drop the Opacity down to 70.
31. Effects/3D Effects/Drop Shadow, Vertical 12, Horizontal -12, Opacity 50, Blur 22, color #000000.
32. From Text tool, choose Font Harrington, Size 72, color #3c4732. Type the words "I died for you". Convert to Raster Layer.
33. Change the size of the font to 48, other settings the same and type the words "Love, Jesus". Convert to Raster Layer.
34. Move the text into their positions as I have mine.
35. Add your signature and Convert to Raster Layer if necessary. Merge/Merge Visible.
36. Save image as a jpg in your working folder.
You are done! I hope you enjoyed the journey and Happy Easter to you. Hugs! Ara
A big thank you to Evatexas and PamelaD who tested this tutorial for me.